Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Alea Iacta Est

As Caesar would say, "The die is cast." I've ordered my tickets for Israel, to be departing June 15 and returning August 14, through Israir, El Al's (the Israeli national airline's) biggest competitor. I probably paid too much for them, but in retrospect, it was the cheapest airfare I found, through weeks and weeks of searching. Lesson: NEVER buy airfare to Israel during the summer. The prices really are scary, especially if you are paying for it yourself.

I'm leaving out of JFK, so if anyone is in the area, they should definitely come say goodbye to me ;). At least that's settled. Now, I'm still looking for a place to live. I think I have a lead, a really nice apartment about 10 minutes walk to work, but the price is (as usual) higher than I would have liked. In the meantime, I've gotten a part time job to (kind of) defray the cost of airfare and any type of housing I might have. I'm sure my parents will pitch in, but I don't want them to pay too much because they were getting very grouchy about it, as parents tend to do :).

No comments: