Wednesday, May 17, 2006

I'm Homeless!

An apartment I was looking for fell through today, leaving me homeless, once again. Maybe I'll just live in a cardboard box in Tel Aviv and beg for scraps? I'm continuing to look, but becoming more desperate. I would say the biggest help in all of this has been my friends, who have stuck by my in my hours of insanity. An especially big thank you to Yifat, Annie, The Schwartzman (what I like to call my piano teacher), and too many other people to name for keeping me sane and helping me to look for housing in Tel Aviv.

Today, I also went to the temp agency to see if I could scrounge up any typing jobs to make some extra cash for when I go. It was a very humbling experience, and I got to see how people on minimum wage/people whose lack of higher education prevents them from getting any higher than clerical work live. It must be hard, so I am extra grateful for my college education now, despite all the times (especially when homework was due ;) that I cursed it.

No comments: