Monday, June 12, 2006

Procrastinators of the World, Unite

So, I must admit that I am not even close to packed. Well, ok. I have a suitcase open. There are some clothes thrown in it, surrounded by sundry items I've picked up around the house when I thought of them, and a bunch of clothes that I've been taking out of the suitcase and wearing. Oops. I actually started again today, but the more I put it off, the more I feel it will never be finished, and the more I feel that I'll forget something and have to buy it for three times the price in Israel (motto: We are Jews selling Jews expensive things.)

What made it worse was yesterday's visit to see Dan. I went on Saturday and left yesterday, and it was one of the hardest goodbyes I have ever had to make, despite the fact that I will be back soon enough. Saying goodbye is always tough, but what makes it better is knowing you'll be back with lots of presents and stories and pictures :).

Today, my quest entails finding out about travelers' checks, to pay for my apartment. Since I have never used them before, this will be a "real life" experience for me. Also, I am going to figure out whether I will get internet in the apartment or not. It seems like it would be a good idea, to publish pictures, but at the same time, I don't want to be online too long and miss out on what's going on around me. We are going to have Internet at work and email, etc, but I'm not sure how much I'll be able to post on my blog or send pictures, etc, especially since I'll be at work. Also, this is not ethical. At least in America ;).

On I go to work and continue packing. Maybe by 5 am Thursday morning, I'll be done.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Vicki...
Don't worry you will have an internet connection in our office and its Israel…so you will have time to publish your adventures pictures :)
We are looking forward to see you here with us.

Eran .T
E-Banking and Business Dev.
Bank Hapoalim